An edible Pacific seaweed with broad brown leaves, used in Japanese cooking.
- Ecklonia bicyclis, class Phaeophyceae
More example sentences
- Shredded carrots are soused in soy sauce and mixed with sesame seeds, coriander and arame, a Japanese algae seaweed product.
- Like arame, brown algae called hijiki are used as an ingredient in soups or other slowly cooked or simmered dishes, although characterized by a slightly bitter flavor.
- Chewy tender arame, the mildest of sea vegetables, supplies dietary fiber and a wealth of vitamins and minerals.
Definition of arame in:
- The British & World English dictionary