1An axle or spindle on which something revolves.
- The third step is to mount the wheels on the arbors and to place these assemblies between the front- and backplates in such a way that the wheels and pinions mesh and turn freely.
- The indenter was secured into the arbor of a milling machine.
- The bushing is secured in place by a solid arbor that passes through the front of the frame, through the middle of the bushing and is locked in place by the pivoting barrel and ejector rod.
1.1A device holding a tool in a lathe.
- Each shooter's tool kit contains loading dies, a small arbor press and a powder measure capable of being adjusted to throw precise charges.
- Technician A says unless the job is done with an arbor press the tone wheel is likely to become deformed.
Words that rhyme with arborAnnaba, arbour, barber, Barbour, harbour (US harbor), indaba, Kaaba, Lualaba, Pearl Harbor, Saba, Sabah, Shaba
A shady garden alcove with sides and a roof formed by trees or climbing plants trained over a wooden framework.
- We have a scented country garden and pond, water features, gravel gardens, arbours, pergolas, a summerhouse, many rare and unusual perennials, and 120 clematis.
- They have planted a formal, yew encircled rose garden, with blue-painted pergolas and arbours, and have recently planted a gravel garden beside the sea road, with grasses, Verbena bonariensis, cistus, eryngiums and grasses.
- The most popular garden structures, not counting the ubiquitous shed, include trellises, arbours and pergolas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.