- A mathematical function that is the inverse of the sine function.More example sentences
- Every angle has just one sine, but the inverse function, the arc sine, wraps around to produce infinitely many values.
- A simple linear regression for each of the density designations was employed using sampling date as the independent variable and arcsin transformed percentage of original number of plants as the dependent variable.
- Linear regression gave reasonably good fits to the arcsin transformed data from most times and was, therefore, used to facilitate comparison among the data sets.
More definitions of arc sineDefinition of arc sine in:
- The British & World English dictionary