- 1An angel of high rank.More example sentences
- The prayers of believers here on earth are mingled with the worship of angels and archangels and all the host of heaven, in adoration of God and the Lamb.
- The functions of these three archangels correspond to three major thrusts of Jesus' ministry: announcing good news, healing the sick, and delivering the oppressed.
- Michael is the only angel that is specifically called an archangel.
- 1.1In traditional Christian angelology, a being of the eighth order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy.More example sentences
- From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
- There are three types of beings: angels, archangels, and virtues fall into one category, and their nature is inherently good.
- Saint Michael belongs to the choir of angels called the Archangels, usually listed eighth of the nine choirs.
- More example sentences
- One invokes the archangelic names in the name of protection, and these name represent the elements earth, water, air, and fire.
- If anyone was looking for the transliterations of the archangelic names, they're as follows.
- Consider an important question or concern that you'd like to offer for archangelic care.
Middle English, from Anglo-Norman French archangele, via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek arkhangelos, from arkhi- 'chief' + angelos 'messenger, angel'.
More definitions of ArchangelDefinition of archangel in:
- The British & World English dictionary