- A narrow opaque band encircling the cornea, common in old age.More example sentences
- My arcus senilis of two years' duration disappeared completely after 18 months of atorvastatin (taken for a moderately raised serum cholesterol concentration).
- It appears more often in older adults (arcus senilis).
- A study of arcus senilis in Caucasian men and women is reported.
late 18th century: Latin, literally 'senile bow'.
More definitions of arcus senilisDefinition of arcus senilis in:
- The British & World English dictionary