- A soil type consisting mainly of sand with very little organic matter and supporting limited amounts of specialized vegetation.More example sentences
- A difference is also observed between the mineralogy of the arenosols of the north area from the ones developed in the south coast.
- These arenosols are included in the sandy dunes.
- The dry/wet period ratio of sap flow was statistically equivalent for heath and dipterocarp forest trees, whereas it had been expected that trees on the freely draining arenosol would suffer greater water stress during drought.
mid 20th century: from Latin arena 'sand' + -sol.
More definitions of arenosolDefinition of arenosol in:
- The British & World English dictionary