noun (plural same)
- The largest wild sheep, which has massive horns and is found in mountainous areas of Asia.
More example sentences
- Ovis ammon, family Bovidae
- The hotspot is also home to a rich variety of ungulates (animals with hooves), including the threatened argali wild sheep.
- Low, rugged mountains criss-cross the desert and are home to argali sheep and Siberian ibex.
- Seeing a desert bighorn sheep in the wild was as exciting for them as seeing the endangered argali (a large Asian bighorn sheep) had been for us when we had the opportunity to visit China the previous year.
late 18th century: from Mongolian.
More definitions of argaliDefinition of argali in:
- The British & World English dictionary