Definition of argentine in English:
nounBack to top
A small marine fish with a silvery sheen.
- Family Argentinidae: two genera and several species, in particular Argentina silus of the North Atlantic
- A number of the deepwater species on the existing list, ling, argentines and Greenland halibut have been transferred to the Total Allowable Catch (TAC) and quotas regulation.
- The Atlantic argentine (Argentina silus) is found from the Arctic waters of Davis Strait south to Labrador, as well as in other areas of the North Atlantic.
- They are small fishes, growing up to 25 cm long, excepting the Greater argentine, Argentina silus, which reaches 70 cm.
Definition of argentine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia