Definition of arm-wrestling in English:
A trial of strength in which two people sit opposite each other with one elbow resting on a table, clasp each other’s hands, and try to force each other’s arm down onto the table.
- The team was also delighted to learn that a future world arm-wrestling championship would be held in Manchester.
- Even though the rugby suffered, there was something epic about it - like that marathon arm-wrestling encounter in Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea.
- Girls grappled in arm-wrestling matches as others traded shy or swaggering kisses.
- Example sentences
- Sometimes, he lets his assistants arm-wrestle each other.
- The only way into those computers, then, is to arm-wrestle my personal trainer during business hours and get physical access to the machine.
- He only asks that I sit directly opposite him across a table, as if we were about to play chess or arm-wrestle.
Definition of arm-wrestling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.