Definition of arm-wrestling in English:
A trial of strength in which two people sit opposite each other with one elbow resting on a table, clasp each other’s hands, and try to force each other’s arm down onto the table.
- The team was also delighted to learn that a future world arm-wrestling championship would be held in Manchester.
- Even though the rugby suffered, there was something epic about it - like that marathon arm-wrestling encounter in Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea.
- Girls grappled in arm-wrestling matches as others traded shy or swaggering kisses.
- Example sentences
- Sometimes, he lets his assistants arm-wrestle each other.
- The only way into those computers, then, is to arm-wrestle my personal trainer during business hours and get physical access to the machine.
- He only asks that I sit directly opposite him across a table, as if we were about to play chess or arm-wrestle.
Definition of arm-wrestling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan