Definition of armament in English:
1Military weapons and equipment: chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments
More example sentences
- His first war appointment was to oversee the construction of armament factories and military installations.
- In fact, missile armament formally does not include weapons and special armament delivery vehicles and weapon use control systems.
- Anti-tank weapons, the main armament of Infantry Fighting Vehicles or Main Battle Tanks can be used to blast positions with direct fire.
1.1The process of equipping military forces for war.
- Just before the war the British had begun converting old fleet destroyers into specialized escort vessels with A-A and enhanced anti-submarine armament, and this process continued with older destroyers into the war years.
- This was because the disposition and armament of the armed forces had been for centuries in the exclusive discretion of the Crown.
- It was necessary to build a conventional ARVN in order to meet that threat, as well as to act against guerrilla forces which were increasing in strength and armament, provided by North Vietnam.
Definition of armament in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan