Definition of armament in English:
1Military weapons and equipment: chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments
More example sentences
- His first war appointment was to oversee the construction of armament factories and military installations.
- In fact, missile armament formally does not include weapons and special armament delivery vehicles and weapon use control systems.
- Anti-tank weapons, the main armament of Infantry Fighting Vehicles or Main Battle Tanks can be used to blast positions with direct fire.
1.1The process of equipping military forces for war.
- Just before the war the British had begun converting old fleet destroyers into specialized escort vessels with A-A and enhanced anti-submarine armament, and this process continued with older destroyers into the war years.
- This was because the disposition and armament of the armed forces had been for centuries in the exclusive discretion of the Crown.
- It was necessary to build a conventional ARVN in order to meet that threat, as well as to act against guerrilla forces which were increasing in strength and armament, provided by North Vietnam.
1.2 archaic A military force equipped for war.
Definition of armament in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.