- 1Military weapons and equipment: chemical weapons and other unconventional armamentsMore example sentences
- His first war appointment was to oversee the construction of armament factories and military installations.
- In fact, missile armament formally does not include weapons and special armament delivery vehicles and weapon use control systems.
- Anti-tank weapons, the main armament of Infantry Fighting Vehicles or Main Battle Tanks can be used to blast positions with direct fire.
- 1.1The process of equipping military forces for war.More example sentences
- Just before the war the British had begun converting old fleet destroyers into specialized escort vessels with A-A and enhanced anti-submarine armament, and this process continued with older destroyers into the war years.
- This was because the disposition and armament of the armed forces had been for centuries in the exclusive discretion of the Crown.
- It was necessary to build a conventional ARVN in order to meet that threat, as well as to act against guerrilla forces which were increasing in strength and armament, provided by North Vietnam.
late 17th century (in the sense 'force equipped for war'): from Latin armamentum, from armare 'to arm' (see arm2).
More definitions of armamentDefinition of armament in:
- The British & World English dictionary