- 1(Of a military vehicle or ship) covered with a tough metal layer as a defense against attack: armored vehiclesMore example sentences
- The armoured vehicle is protected against 14.5 mm heavy machine gun rounds and artillery splinters.
- Witnesses said US troops riding in jeeps and armoured vehicles opened fire after children in the crowd started pelting them with shoes and stones.
- The division's long columns of trucks and Humvee armoured vehicles avoided Iraqi army and paramilitary units as they pushed north on Thursday and Friday.
- 1.1(Of troops) equipped with armored vehicles: the 2nd Armored DivisionMore example sentences
- During the maneuver of the heavy armored cavalry troop, applying combined arms to maximize battlespace is a difficult task at best.
- The unit conducting this mission was a standard regimental armored cavalry troop of the early 1990s era.
- Ironically, this included the 11C mortarmen assigned to armored cavalry troops.
- 1.2(Of some animals and plants) having a protective layer or shell: armored fishMore example sentences
- Most mollusks have such tissue, but in this armored species, the gland is about 100 times the size of that found in related species.
- Halkieriids were sluglike metazoans armored with a coat of mineralized sclerites and two prominent shells at either end.
- For as long as they were there, no crocodile or armored herbivorous or general carnivorous dinosaur could grow very big.
- 1.3 • historical (Of a soldier) wearing armor: armored and mounted knightsMore example sentences
- The musket also ended the dominance of the armored knights on horseback.
- The armored swordsman didn't turn around but responded in turn.
- Seven armored soldiers lay dead on the grass, and an eighth was stuck against the wall he just hit.