- A padded or upholstered arm of a chair or other seat on which a sitter’s arm can comfortably rest.More example sentences
- Jack's eyes caught a glimpse of Rose's hand that had rested on the armrest of her chair.
- The Morris chair has padded armrests and detachable cushions on the seat and back.
- The problems encountered include low seating, seats are too soft and the chairs don't have armrests to help people get out of them.
More definitions of armrestDefinition of armrest in:
- The British & World English dictionary