noun (plural arpeggios)Music
- The notes of a chord played in succession, either ascending or descending.More example sentences
- The virtuoso tour de force begins with a flourish, the piano arpeggios answered by bold chords in the woodwind trio.
- As the first song played, I pressed different buttons on the joystick and keyboard and heard notes, chords, cadenzas, arpeggios, and even special effects typical of the piano.
- As a result, pianists are required to negotiate unusual combinations of note groupings and clusters that go beyond the fingerings used in traditional scales, arpeggios and chords.
Italian, from arpeggiare 'play the harp', from arpa 'harp'.
More definitions of arpeggioDefinition of arpeggio in:
- The British & World English dictionary