Definition of arrowhead in English:
1The pointed end of an arrow, typically wedge-shaped.
- Flint arrowheads were shaped to a point and inserted into a slot and tied with sinew to the front of the arrow.
- Though she hated even the sight of the long bow and pointed arrowheads, she understood from Adam's words that she must forget her dislike.
- Primitive man started with a arrowhead that was hardened by burning the end of the shaft slightly, then sharpened by shaping the burned end.
1.1A decorative device resembling an arrowhead.
- Giles's most distinctive designs are the bucrania, floral bouquets, arrowhead and mosaic patterns, spiralling vines and the Grubbe and acanthus borders.
- The ships flew for the Mobius in two standard arrowhead formations.
- The pack includes 2 arrowhead pushpins, some thermal paste, a small strip of thermal tape, as well as a 3-pin to Molex converter.
2An aquatic or semiaquatic plant with arrow-shaped leaves and three-petaled white flowers.
- Genus Sagittaria, family Alismataceae: several species, in particular the common broad-leaved arrowhead S. latifolia
- Bog plants, also known as emergent and marginal plants, include some hardy types such as pickerel weed, arrowheads, cattails and yellow water iris; and shorter species including golden-club, parrot's feather and spike rush.
- Among them are arrow arum, bull-tongue arrowhead, pickerelweed, water lettuce, white water lily, yellow water lily, and the invasive alligator weed.
- Wetland communities include, in addition to stands of soft-stem bulrush, very marshy areas with water plantain and broad-leaved arrowhead, two closely related species whose flowers have three white petals.
Definition of arrowhead in:
- British & World English dictionary