noun (plural arroyos)
- A steep-sided gully cut by running water in an arid or semiarid region.More example sentences
- Chaparral is found on north- and east-facing slopes on the side of the island facing the mainland and also in arroyos (dry gullies that carry water after a rain) on the Pacific slopes.
- The canyons, arroyos and hillsides here all drain down to create Las Virgenes Creek and Las Virgenes runs down to Malibu Creek.
- The canyons, arroyos, and rincons of the Southwest were the ancestral home of indigenous, prehistoric Pueblo peoples.
mid 19th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of arroyoDefinition of arroyo in:
- The British & World English dictionary