Definition of art form in English:
1A conventionally established form of artistic composition, such as the novel, sonata, or sonnet.
- The graphic novel is an art form on a par with pulp fiction.
- His respect for the novel as an art form means he spent four years on this one, and feels he is a success.
- Conceptual art is an art form in which the idea is paramount.
1.1Any activity regarded as a medium of imaginative or creative self-expression: he elevates stage managing to an art form
More example sentences
- They don't know you so they have made an art form of creating instant trust relationships.
- Teaching creative writing is an art form that must be reserved for those who are talented.
- In fact, a visit to the Magic Kingdom is to witness crowd control performed as an art form.
Definition of art form in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.