- A movie theater that specializes in films that are artistic or experimental rather than merely entertaining.More example sentences
- The White Balloon is the first Iranian film to get an art-house cinema release in Australia, which is some kind of milestone.
- Today he says he would have preferred ‘a European art house film rather than a Hollywood blockbuster’.
- It's ironic that a motion picture designed as mainstream, commercial entertainment in France will be viewed as an art house film during its American run.
More definitions of art houseDefinition of art house in:
- The British & World English dictionary