- A through road: sabotaged arterials needed for evacuation of civiliansMore example sentences
- However, for the purposes of this paper, only the main arterials and collector roads were investigated as their main function is to serve both the traffic mobility and access (frontage related activities) functions.
- Local governments are responsible for local roads and some minor arterials, particularly in the larger urban areas.
- Already the city has a wide, tree-lined boulevard from the airport to the hotels downtown, a sharp contrast to the gridlocked arterials in Bangalore, where roads are overwhelmed by growth.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- 1Of or relating to an artery or arteries.More example sentences
- The allergen causes the release of chemicals within the body which act to make the small arterial blood vessels dilate and to leak fluid from the capillaries into the surrounding tissues.
- Arterial, venous, and pulmonary arterial catheters were placed.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding from arterial venous malformations traditionally is treated with combined estrogen and progesterone therapy.
- 1.1Denoting an important route in a system of roads, railroad lines, or rivers: one of the main arterial routes from New YorkMore example sentences
- There are also suitable sites on Bradford's arterial routes like Manchester Road.
- Some of the worst blackspots occur on train routes or main arterial roads around the country.
- It does not matter whether the route is called ring road, bypass, or northern arterial ring road, the residents do not want it along that route.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin arterialis, from Latin arteria (see artery).
More definitions of arterialDefinition of arterial in:
- The British & World English dictionary