- A hard egg-shaped gall that forms inside an artichoke bud in response to the developing larva of a gall wasp.
More example sentences
- The wasp is Andricus fecundator, family Cynipidae
- Apparently it was an oak hop gall or artichoke gall, caused by the gall wasp Andricus fecundator.
- The trees show the remains of their early flowers and one of the trees has many artichoke galls growing at the tips of its shoots.
More definitions of artichoke gallDefinition of artichoke gall in:
- The British & World English dictionary