- The restoration or substitution of someone’s breathing by manual, mechanical, or mouth-to-mouth methods.More example sentences
- The action to be taken is first to clear the airway and start artificial respiration (mouth-to-mouth or mouth-to-nose), then to take wet things off and wrap the victim in whatever dry warm coverings are available.
- The prompt arrival of the corpsman began with attempts at artificial respiration to restore breathing.
- He was then rushed to the hospital emergency room where artificial respiration was administered.
More definitions of artificial respirationDefinition of artificial respiration in:
- The British & World English dictionary