Definition of artisan in English:
1A worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand.
- Bali is blessed with skilled and creative artisans as well as potential markets.
- The Jamaican Arawaks were skilled artisans who left their paintings on the walls of many island caves.
- The wages in real terms for agricultural workers and artisans have fallen.
1.1 [as modifier] (Of food or drink) made in a traditional or non-mechanized way using high-quality ingredients: local artisan cheeses the growing appreciation of artisan foods
More example sentences
- Saturday morning greenmarkets nearby offer a venue for farmers to sell heirloom tomatoes, artisan goat cheeses, and baby vegetables.
- The focus is on producing high quality artisan cheeses in an eco-friendly way.
- At the Craft Marketplace, you can pick up handmade honey, artisan chocolates, gluten-free breads, fruity jams, and organic cheese.
Words that rhyme with artisanAberfan, Adrianne, an, Anne, astrakhan, ban, began, Belmopan, bipartisan, bran, can, Cannes, Cézanne, Cheyenne, clan, courtesan, cran, dan, Dayan, Diane, divan, élan, Elan, fan, flan, foreran, Fran, Friedan, Gell-Mann, gran, Han, Hunan, Ivan, Jan, Japan, Jinan, Joanne, Kazan, Klan, Kordofan, Lacan, Lausanne, Leanne, Limousin, Louvain, man, Mann, Marianne, Milan, Moran, nan, Oran, outran, outspan, Pan, panne, parmesan, partisan, pavane, pecan, Pétain, plan, Pusan, ran, rataplan, rattan, Rosanne, Sagan, Saipan, saran, scan, scran, sedan, span, spick-and-span, Spokane, Suzanne, Tainan, tan, than, tisane, trepan, van, vin, Wuhan, Xian, Yerevan, Yunnan, Zhongshan
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan