(also rucola, rugola)
- The rocket plant, used in cooking.More example sentences
- Cool-season herbs including dill, fennel, parsley, cilantro, oregano, arugula, thyme and savory also can be planted.
- A Terroni signature salad is the funghi assoluti, a sauté of oyster mushrooms atop arugula seasoned with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Black beans, cumin, jalapeño, arugula, and bacon may be the best things that ever happened to a rosemary-braised halibut.
1970s: from Italian dialect, ultimately a diminutive of Latin eruca, 'downy-stemmed plant'.
More definitions of arugulaDefinition of arugula in:
- The British & World English dictionary