- The first main part of the large intestine, which passes upward from the cecum on the right side of the abdomen.More example sentences
- The ascending colon is greatly dilated, but not abnormally.
- The scores for the ascending colon and cecum did not reach statistical significance.
- The most commonly affected areas are the terminal ileum and ascending colon, although any part of the GI tract can be involved.
More definitions of ascending colonDefinition of ascending colon in:
- The British & World English dictionary