A sea squirt.
- Phylum Chordata, Subphylum Urochordata, class Ascidiacea
More example sentences
- Above, a seastar fish swims amongst a garden of ascidians and soft corals.
- Some organisms, such as nematodes and ascidians, have a remarkably precise pattern of cell divisions in early development.
- Boulders are infested with black tree corals, mussels, cowrie shells, soft and hard corals and ascidians.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin plural Ascidia (genus name), from Greek askidion, diminutive of askos 'wineskin'.
Definition of ascidian in:
- The British & World English dictionary