noun(also ascot tie)
- A man’s broad silk necktie.More example sentences
- Spats, watch chains, ivory handled walking sticks, monocles, tie bars, sock garters, ascots, etc: there are actually people who can make these things work because of their personal styles, but most of us can't.
- Also, you can wear an ascot or a straight tie with it, while being perfectly correct.
- In ascot and blazer, with his warm, chiseled features, George Clarke Jenkins has always been a handsome fellow.
early 20th century: from the place name Ascot, by association with formal dress at race meetings held there.
More definitions of AscotDefinition of ascot in:
- The British & World English dictionary