Definition of aseptic in English:
1Free from contamination caused by harmful bacteria, viruses, or other microorganisms.
- The antigen for spiking the specimens designated as CA 15-3 and CA 27.29 was derived from a cell line grown by aseptic tissue culture.
- In 1885 in Kiel, Germany, he constructed a small private hospital that embodied his aseptic design - a five-room operating suite.
- Suitable for the production and handling of medical devices under special conditions, an aseptic assembly cell from Ismeca Automation makes use of servomotors for motion control.
1.1 [attributive] (Of surgical practice) aiming at the complete exclusion of harmful microorganisms.
- At the core of infection prevention are aseptic practices.
- The draped table is sterile only at the top surface, according to established and recognized principles of aseptic practice.
- Adherence to aseptic practices aids in fulfilling this responsibility.
Definition of aseptic in:
- British & World English dictionary