Definition of ashlaring in English:
- The interior, which was restored in 1880 by Giuseppe Patricolo, displays ashlaring worked with the utmost care.
- The construction is stone resembling brick in shape, giving a less stern appearance than ashlaring would have done in such a massive building.
- The graffito ashlaring was last restored during the general reconstruction in 1992 together with the renovation of the two original vaulted halls on the ground-floor.
2Upright boarding fixed from the joists to the rafters of an attic to cut off the acute angle between the roof and the floor.
- I am fairly happy with what to do with the floor but am not sure what to do about securing the ashlaring walls that sit on the I beam and support the roof purlin.
- The problem arises in converting existing loft spaces where the loadbearing ashlaring makes it less practical to board out the portion of floor/ceiling joists in the roof void areas, in the same manner as the new rooms.
Definition of ashlaring in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan