- Extremely stupid or foolish: Lydia ignored his asinine remarkMore example sentences
- A contestant makes a truly asinine remark and the boredom abates slightly, even as annoyance levels are soaring.
- Each interview conducted by a HR specialist was asinine in the extreme, without exception.
- However, all of his blind, asinine nonsense was going to be put to an end.
- More example sentences
- What a sad opinion one forms of men, what bitterness grips one's heart when one sees such delirious asininity on display.
- I'm glad this particular bit of asininity was exposed to the harsh wind of public scrutiny beyond this humble organ.
- Three cheers for Wandsworth Council, once more applying common sense against bureaucratic asininity.
late 15th century: from Latin asininus, from asinus 'ass'.