noun (plural asities)
- A stocky perching bird related to the pittas, found only in Madagascar.
More example sentences
- Family Philepittidae: two genera, in particular Philepitta (two species) . See also false sunbird
- The Old World has only about 50 species of suboscines, and these fall into three small groups: the outrageously colorful, short-legged, plump pittas; the broadbills; and the asities.
- Sunbird asities (genus Neodrepanis) are aggressive and compete with other species for food.
- Broadbills are thought to be closely related to pittas and asities (Philepittidae).
probably a local name.
More definitions of asityDefinition of asity in:
- The British & World English dictionary