Definition of asparagus beetle in English:
A small, boldly marked leaf beetle whose adults and larvae feed on the leaves of asparagus.
- Crioceris asparagi, family Chrysomelidae
- Spotted asparagus beetle larvae feed mainly on the berries of the female plants.
- The adult spotted asparagus beetles emerge at least a week later than the plain asparagus beetle.
- There are two kinds of asparagus beetle - asparagus beetle and spotted asparagus beetle.
Definition of asparagus beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.