Definition of aspartic acid in English:
An acidic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins and also occurs in sugar cane. It is important in the metabolism of nitrogen in animals and also acts as a neurotransmitter.
- Infusion of the amino acids lysine and arginine, but not aspartic acid or glutamic acid, have been shown to stimulate the release of insulin in horses.
- Carefully read food labels to see where you might be unknowingly ingesting aspartame; manufacturers sometimes list it as its components, the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine.
- Aspartame is an odorless, white crystalline powder derived from two amino acids, aspartic acid and phenylalanine.
- Example sentences
- Dr. Hans Neiper popularized the use of magnesium aspartate.
- The second mutation was in a change in histidine at position 63 to aspartate.
- The news of aspartate binding outside the cell travels via the same protein relay but has the opposite effect.
Definition of aspartic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan