Definition of aspirin in English:
- Ask any medical student and he or she will tell you that aspirin reduces fever, pain, and inflammation but may cause ulcers.
- For adults, paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen can help to relieve fever and pain.
- Optimal control of diabetes is important, and simple analgesics such as aspirin and paracetamol may be beneficial.
- Instead, place them inside an airtight bag, and put in a crushed aspirin to absorb the odor.
- If he were back home, his mom would rub his tummy and give him an aspirin to calm his nerves.
- If you don't want to donate cash, many times these charities need blankets, food, toiletries, and simple things like aspirins and cough syrup.
late 19th century: from German, from acetylierte Spirsäure 'acetylated salicylic acid' (the element Spir- being from the plant genus name Spiraea).
This was coined in German, from a(cetylierte) Spir(säur)e ‘acetylated spiraeic acid’; spiraeic acid is an old name for alicylic acid, given its name because it was first isolated from the leaves of the plant Spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet).
Words that rhyme with aspirinchagrin • Catrin • Kathryn
Definition of aspirin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.