- (Especially as a direction after a tempo marking) very: allegro assaiMore example sentences
- In the Allegro assai moderato we have an impression of impish playfulness that is very much akin to Gade's own inventiveness.
- From the opening notes of the Allegro vivace assai, the Berlin players conjured up Mozart in the best Viennese manner.
- I also enjoyed the Finale that also follows without a break and which is marked Allegro deciso, assai moderato.
Italian, 'very much'.
More definitions of assaiDefinition of assai in:
- The British & World English dictionary