Definition of assassin bug in English:
A long-legged predatory or bloodsucking bug that occurs chiefly in the tropics and feeds mainly on other arthropods. Some of those that bite humans can transmit microorganisms such as the one causing Chagas' disease.
- Family Reduviidae, suborder Heteroptera: numerous species
- An assassin bug passes by and eats the clutch for breakfast.
- Perhaps it is this effect that the assassin bug uses to gauge its distance from a victim?
- They are called kissing bugs or assassin bugs in English, but in Latin America they have many regional names.
Definition of assassin bug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.