Definition of assembler in English:
1A person who assembles a machine or its parts.
- I met crankshaft grinders and engine assemblers who could discuss the ROI of their machine tools.
- China offers auto assemblers and especially component producers hourly wages below $1.00 for skilled workers who are only too happy to accept those wages as the ticket to a middle class lifestyle.
- This paper presents the results of a benchmarking study carried out to assess and compare the levels of manufacturing performance achieved by 16 British contract electronics assemblers.
2 Computing A program for converting instructions written in low-level symbolic code into machine code.
- Well, I suppose I could use the DOS debug program as a mini assembler.
- Loading the editor took five minutes; loading the assembler took 15 minutes.
- It came with BASIC, but you could get a cheap assembler anywhere and start exploring exactly which bits did what.
2.1 another term for assembly language.
- The C programming language is best described as a hardware-independent assembler language.
- I chose instead to abandon the assembler and write my own.
- The drawback is that for a sophisticated task, this can be like programming an operating system in assembler.
Definition of assembler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan