1A person who assembles a machine or its parts.
- I met crankshaft grinders and engine assemblers who could discuss the ROI of their machine tools.
- China offers auto assemblers and especially component producers hourly wages below $1.00 for skilled workers who are only too happy to accept those wages as the ticket to a middle class lifestyle.
- This paper presents the results of a benchmarking study carried out to assess and compare the levels of manufacturing performance achieved by 16 British contract electronics assemblers.
2 Computing A program for converting instructions written in low-level symbolic code into machine code.
- Well, I suppose I could use the DOS debug program as a mini assembler.
- Loading the editor took five minutes; loading the assembler took 15 minutes.
- It came with BASIC, but you could get a cheap assembler anywhere and start exploring exactly which bits did what.
2.1 another term for assembly language.
- The C programming language is best described as a hardware-independent assembler language.
- I chose instead to abandon the assembler and write my own.
- The drawback is that for a sophisticated task, this can be like programming an operating system in assembler.
Words that rhyme with assemblerdissembler, trembler
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of assembler in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.