- A series of workers and machines in a factory by which a succession of identical items is progressively assembled: their latest economy car rolled off the assembly line last August • figurative new teenage idols were pouring off the assembly line Compare with production line.More example sentences
- I worked in an assembly line in a garment factory to get money for college.
- We build machines on an assembly line, focusing on how to make them cheaper and ever more reliable.
- Some of the material presumably finds itself rolling off the assembly line as a brand new vehicle, as the circle of life continues.
More definitions of assembly lineDefinition of assembly line in:
- The British & World English dictionary