noun (plural assemblywomen)
- A woman who is a member of a legislative assembly.More example sentences
- She explores that question in the context of the political offices she's held so far: commissioner on the Dane County board of supervisors, assemblywoman in the Wisconsin state legislature, and House member.
- After her election as a state assemblywoman in California in 1982, she was voted into the Los Angeles City Council in 1987.
- A bill was recently proposed by a California state assemblywoman banning the use of Indian logos and mascots in public institutions, though it failed to muster enough support and was defeated in May.
More definitions of assemblywomanDefinition of assemblywoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary