- 1A confident and forceful statement of fact or belief: [with clause]: his assertion that his father had deserted the familyMore example sentences
- He is criticizing the assertion that to weigh more than that is to be obese.
- If not, doesn't this simply verify the assertion that such orders are a joke in this Internet age?
- In practice, there are many venture capitalists who will protest the assertion that all they want is to make a quick buck.
- 1.1The action of stating something or exercising authority confidently and forcefully: the assertion of his legal rightsMore example sentences
defense of, upholding of; insistence on
- That was a novel and quite astounding assertion at that stage of human legal development.
- At the function that I attended, too, a number of articles spoke of this assertion on their past.
- The events since the last two elections support this assertion, a point to which I will return.