- 1 • rare Of the nature of an assumption.More example sentences
- For within the context of international politics, faith is redundant as it calls for assumptive reasoning in a landscape of constant change and hidden agendas.
- The tone of this article was assumptive and leading towards suggesting the opposite.
- In Janoff-Bulman's poignant phrase, ‘it was the shattering of the assumptive world’.
mid 16th century (in the sense 'taken, adopted'): from Latin assumptivus, from the verb assumere (see assume).
More definitions of assumptiveDefinition of assumptive in:
- The British & World English dictionary