Definition of astral in English:
1Of, connected with, or resembling the stars: astral navigation
More example sentences
- He's going to allot a section of the sky to each member of the family and have them count the number of stars in their designated astral plot.
- The two men had cited example after example of astrologically arranged marriages, full of astral promise, turning disastrous.
- The car's headlights led the way in this intensely gorgeous astral setting.
1.1Of or relating to a supposed nonphysical realm of existence to which various psychic and paranormal phenomena are ascribed, and in which the physical human body is said to have a counterpart.
- Like us, they have both physical and astral bodies.
- The physical body can be cured by treating the astral body with energy healing.
- By some accounts, the astral body is a third component of humans, along with the material body and disincarnate soul.
early 17th century: from late Latin astralis, from astrum 'star'.
Words that rhyme with astralplastral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan