Definition of astronavigation in English:
Determination of the position and course of an aircraft or a spacecraft by means of observation of the stars.
- This included training in rigging and astronavigation and sextant usage.
- The cardinal principle of astronavigation is to keep far away from gravitational maelstroms.
- However, despite taking the astronavigation exam on numerous occasions, Mr R has had no success with this approach.
- Example sentences
- Its system of moons gives this world a beautiful sky and astronavigators a headache.
- The astronavigator normally sits at the desk behind the pilot and co-pilot stations.
- We were taken up to Canada and I trained as an astronavigator, and then they turned around and said, ‘Right, you're going back to Australia’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.