Definition of astronavigation in English:
Determination of the position and course of an aircraft or a spacecraft by means of observation of the stars.
- This included training in rigging and astronavigation and sextant usage.
- The cardinal principle of astronavigation is to keep far away from gravitational maelstroms.
- However, despite taking the astronavigation exam on numerous occasions, Mr R has had no success with this approach.
- Example sentences
- Its system of moons gives this world a beautiful sky and astronavigators a headache.
- The astronavigator normally sits at the desk behind the pilot and co-pilot stations.
- We were taken up to Canada and I trained as an astronavigator, and then they turned around and said, ‘Right, you're going back to Australia’.