adjective & adverb
- Swirling; covered or surrounded with something swirling: [predic. adjective]: flowers aswirl with bees [adverb]: she shook her head, sending the streamers aswirlMore example sentences
- Rumors are aswirl on campus that she actually slept on the floor at a freshman dorm.
- By contrast, the exhibition's centerpiece demonstrates that the fragmented nature of modern reality can be restored to classical holism with a harmonious composition featuring several figures aswirl in a rhythmic ritual dance.
- One was a rousing version of a polka that would set us all aswirl, spinning giddy circles until we crashed into each other.
More definitions of aswirlDefinition of aswirl in:
- The British & World English dictionary