noun (plural asymmetries)
- Lack of equality or equivalence between parts or aspects of something; lack of symmetry.More example sentences
- And when we choose asymmetry it is usually because we recognise the effect that the absence of symmetry produces.
- To see an obvious example of asymmetry, just look at your hands.
- Why must the price of peace be paid symmetrically, when only asymmetry exists in the causes of war?
mid 17th century: from Greek asummetria, from a- 'without' + summetria (see symmetry).
More definitions of asymmetryDefinition of asymmetry in:
- The British & World English dictionary