- A beta blocker used mainly to treat angina and high blood pressure.More example sentences
- Beta blockers like atenolol, metoprolol and propranolol can all slow the pulse.
- The beta blockers, including propranolol, nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are effective but may cause fatigue, sleep disorders, and decreased exercise tolerance.
- Your doctor needs to review your medicines since atenolol is a beta blocker that can aggravate asthma.
1970s: perhaps from a(ngina) + ten(sion) + (propran)olol, a related compound.
More definitions of atenololDefinition of atenolol in:
- The British & World English dictionary