Definition of atheist in English:
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods: he is a committed atheist
More example sentences
- Most agnostics are closer in beliefs to atheists than to theists.
- Most of my college professors and intellectual mentors were devout atheists.
- For years we had people utter a religious oath, even when many of them were atheists or agnostics.
- Example sentences
- She has renounced the life of a violent revolutionary and embraced Jainism, an atheistical Indian philosophy whose practitioners advocate the ethical principle of nonviolence, often living its precepts to the extreme.
- According to Bishop Gilbert Burnet, Brodrick ‘had been very atheistical and wicked, but was as great an example as ever I knew of an eminent conversion before his death’.
- Three days before Marlowe's death the same Baines delivered a note to the Privy Council that claimed to record an atheistical lecture delivered by Marlowe.
Words that rhyme with atheistpantheist • polytheist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.