Definition of atmospheric in English:
1Of or relating to the atmosphere of the earth or (occasionally) another planet: atmospheric conditions such as fog, snow, rain
More example sentences
- Air pressure is an important factor which affects the resulting atmospheric climate conditions.
- Oceans are playing a very vital role in maintaining the atmospheric balance of the earth.
- The main advantage of nuclear power plants is that they do not cause atmospheric pollution.
2Creating a distinctive mood, typically of romance, mystery, or nostalgia: atmospheric lighting
More example sentences
- Moody, atmospheric guitars create a mood of contemplation without ever going too wildly off the track.
- Working from his farmhouse studio at Over Ridge, he creates his atmospheric motoring images using acrylic and pastel.
- Lots of lovely thick oil paint smeared in heavy layers onto the canvas creates dark and hugely atmospheric landscapes.
- ( archaic )Example sentences
- They also sought out Rasmus Nielson, a Danish audio designer, to produce an atmospherical soundscape and bring forth an appropriate ambience to their artwork.
- Rhale had also said that their sensors had picked up signs of intense atmospherical turbulence elsewhere on the barren gravelly plains.
- Example sentences
- The interaction between a number of complex, intriguingly developed characters is set against the unusual beauty of remote locations atmospherically captured in steely colours.
- In the 1800s malaria was considered the product of vegetable decomposition - that is, an environmentally induced and atmospherically transmitted disease.
- Century atmospherically recreates London at this watershed moment, reflecting the complex mood of the time, caught between excitement and anxiety at the birth of a new century.
Words that rhyme with atmosphericalphanumeric, chimeric, cleric, climacteric, congeneric, Derek, derrick, Eric, esoteric, exoteric, ferric, generic, hemispheric, Herrick, Homeric, hysteric, mesmeric, numeric, skerrick, spheric, stratospheric
Definition of atmospheric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.