- another term for atomic mass.More example sentences
- In general the molecular weight of a molecule is the sum of the atomic weights of its constituent atoms.
- Finding that the isotopes of neon have atomic weights that are whole numbers vindicated Prout's hypothesis that hydrogen was the basis for all the elements.
- The sum of the atomic mass of the protons and neutrons determines the atomic mass or atomic weight of the nucleus.
More definitions of atomic weightDefinition of atomic weight in:
- The British & World English dictionary