A space or room just below the roof of a building.
- Telli woke the next morning to the patter of rain on the roof above his attic room.
- They had a small attic room in the roof which was full of old toys.
- Spare bedrooms or large closets make good drying rooms, but hot attics and damp cellars generally do not.
Of or relating to Athens or Attica, or the dialect of Greek spoken there in ancient times.
- The Persians marched across the Attic peninsula and burned Athens.
- As in the main scene, she wears a high-crested Attic helmet.
- It is written in Attic Greek, with much studiedly antithetical rhetoric and frequent verbal borrowings from the classical authors.
nounBack to top
Definition of attic in:
- British & World English dictionary