Definition of attribute in English:
- The firm attributed the profit to rising prices and lower interest payments to its creditors.
- The firm attributes the loss to its heavy investment in the Special Olympics and its involvement in a number of long-term development projects.
- The firm attributes its success to a talented staff and an open culture that honors individual creativity and nurtures teamwork.
- Until recently, the angriest reaction I ever got to one of my reviews was when I criticised an author for attributing thoughts to Teddy Roosevelt's dog.
- He never attributed the line to Kennedy in his remarks, nor does the transcribed version of his speech.
- Willfully to misinterpret a text is akin to attributing an action to the author that he did not commit.
- Rather than describing a man's character by attributing various qualities to him, they preferred to exemplify it by saying the sort of things that he might do.
- Anna now believes that she was in love with a person who really didn't exist - an imaginary person that she created by attributing characteristics to Bill that he didn't actually possess.
- More grating, though, is the narrator, who is constantly attributing characteristics to these people - wit, say, or charisma, or confidence - which are in no way borne out by anything they say or do.
- He has the height and he is very strong across the chest, shoulders and in the legs - key attributes for good quality rowers.
- We agreed on the key attributes of the character and the artistic direction.
- The applicant must show that she has attributes or characteristics which distinguish her from all other persons.
- The depiction of her as St Margaret shows her in contemporary dress but with the attributes of the saint.
- Centered on the canvas, each image bears a number of formal attributes associated with conventional portraiture.
- Mayan examples are identified by glyphs and attributes, and are understood to represent specific subjects.
- The destination of the alias is stored in the maildrop attribute.
- First, you can apply the CSS inline using the style attribute on any tag.
- You'll have to tolerate the error messages concerned with the attributes.
- Nest attributes used in the statistical analyses were measured at the start of the first film.
- This does not mean that individuals have the attributes of the statistical group.
- Metadata is a set of attributes used to describe an object.
Late 15th century: as a noun from Old French attribut, and as a verb from Latin attribut- 'allotted', both from the verb attribuere, from ad- 'to' + tribuere 'assign'.
Words that rhyme with attributecontribute, tribute
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.