Definition of aubergine in English:
1 another term for eggplant.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and then fry off the vegetables in turn, aubergines first then peppers then courgettes.
- This is a lovely way of doing a variety of fried vegetables, like aubergines, courgettes, pumpkin, spinach and squash.
- It will surprise no one to hear that the aubergine is my favourite vegetable.
1.1A dark purple color like that of eggplant.
- Dark berry colours will also be very popular; plum, aubergine, dark raspberry and even chocolate colours.
- Some of them are quite distinctive colours like aubergine and black and white.
- ‘Vogue’ has declared aubergine the colour of the season and everyone has been much relieved by the disappearance of pink.
Definition of aubergine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan